Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hey all,

Today was pretty uneventful. I got to sleep in until about 9:30 which was nice. After I finally decided to get up, I showered and got packed. By this time the Vikings were on, and I had to go watch them. Brad, Megan, Kaitlin, Adam, and I all watched the game in the lobby, it was the biggest screen. We were all very vocal and even drove away a few Dallas fans in the process; well, the Vikings helped drive them away. The Vikings winning really made the day great, not to mention that we had pizza delivered directly to us in the lobby. When the game was over we packed up our van and headed down to Menlo Park.

The drive was pretty short and boring, I just read my book the whole way down. Once we got here, we checked in and then had free time. Megan, Kaitlin, Jeni, Bryan, Adam, and myself went down to the Laundroworld or something like that and did some laundry. This was a nice time to sit and relax and read my book some more, not to mention get rid of my stinky dirty clothes. After my clothes were all done I was very excited when I realized that I was able to get all of my clothes back into my carry on bag. This is only a small victory because I am terrible at folding clothes and don't have a check bag. You have done well teaching me to fold Mom, thanks.

For dinner we went to a Turkish restaurant and I got Adana Kabob (sp?). It was very good, a mix of ground lamb and beef with some added spice, served with Bulgur and a garlic yogurt. Bulgur is a lot like rice, except red, more chunky, and larger 'kernels', if you will. It was really good, the only sad part is that I forgot to take a picture. Basically it looked exactly like a long skinny steak, with red rice and a salad. Everything else that people got looked really good, and I wanted to try it all.

After that we went back to the hotel and played some cards in Brad's room. We played Up and Down, I did pretty good the first round and got first place in my group. In the second round I sucked it up and got last, it was rough. But I know a new game to play with people and I am actually kinda good at it. Now we are in the process of figuring out where and when we are going to watch Shawshank (sp?) Redemption. One of my favorite movies indeed. Now, I must go and figure out what is wrong with the DVD player in my room so that everyone can pile in and watch the movie. Hope everything is going good for everyone else, and am really looking forward to seeing you all soon. I would like to hear from a lot of you, and to know what is going on with you.

Thanks for reading,

Aaron

P.S. Please let me know what pictures you would like to see from earlier dates so that I can post what people wanna see and not just try and get them all on here, or post random things that I think are interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying all of the posts and all of the pictures :) It makes for a very entertaining read. Are you finding "The Road" depressing yet? I may have done well teaching you to fold, but have been a little lax in teaching you to iron... Make sure you get those good pictures off the other cameras and post them as well.

    ReplyDelete